Great new glasses

Recently my optometrist suggested an interesting new kind of glasses that he has started to offer. They are called Desktop Glasses. They are basically progressive lenses (i.e. bi-focal) but the lower half magnifies for close up and the upper is tuned for seeing clearly for about 5 feet.  I only wear them when I am working on the computer or doing close up work like reading or sewing.

It’s a little inconvenient to have to switch glasses when I leave my desk but I am getting use to it. I preferred that to standard transition lenses which worked fine for reading but didn’t give me any help for working on the computer.

I have had mine for about a week now and I like them a lot. If you need progressives and spend a lot of time on the computer, you should ask your optometrist about it.

(Mirrored from TalkBMC)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s